Monday, May 15, 2006

BINGO FLASHBACK!

Here are a few bingo memories from the Legendary Bingo Vault...

Tori Spelling was a lot of fun. We held a bingo night to raise money for her animal rescue and she made sure the place was packed. At one point, we were auctioning off a beautiful diamond necklace that Tori had designed and, to up the bidding, she offered to give a LAP DANCE to the high bidder. The WOMAN who won the necklace was thrilled at the "90210" lap dance and I will have to say, she did quite a professional job of it. Pics of the "Lesbian Lapdance" ran in all of the tabloids. Tori and I live by the same rules- anything for charity!


When "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" star Nia Vardalos came to Legendary Bingo, the place went wild. Not only was she a great guest but very generous with her talent for the charity. Someone offered a big donation if Nia would sing and she broke out with "I'm Just A Girl Who Can't Say No" from "Connie & Carla." Nia brought down the house!


Okay, come on now. Ed Asner at bingo? When his publicist called me, I said "Are you sure he'd have fun doing this?" She assured me that Ed was a great guy and up for a good time. Ed showed up and it was as if royalty entered the room. People were speechless. Ed sat down to eat and took his sweet time doing it. Finally I decided to start the evening and said to the crowd that our celebrity guest was "still eating." Ed stops between bites and yells out "Yeah, and I'll bet you're too goddamned cheap to buy me dessert!" I-love-Ed-Asner.

No comments: